Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mickey's Halloween Family Fun Run 5K

I signed up Jared, Shawn and I today for Mickey's Halloween Family Fun Run 5K. I am SO excited to run this with my boys. In addition, fellow Moms Panelists will be participating in the 5K with their children...this promises to be a day to remember!! I am VERY new to running, and have a LONG way to go. However, I've been doing the Couch to 5K program for several weeks now. I just know I can do this, and the sense of accomplishment that I know I will feel is what is keeping me going. The icing on the cake (that I refuse to eat because of the calories) is picturing myself finishing it alongside my sons AND my Disney Moms Panel friends!!! That image brings a smile to my face even when I'm wheezing along the trail. In fact, I just got back from "Week 2" (intervals of 90 second running, 2 minute walking, etc). Kasi rode her bike while I chugged along. I feel GREAT right now, even though my face looks like a tomato!

From the ESPN Wide World of Sports website, here is the description:

MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN FAMILY FUN RUN 5K
Saturday, October 2, 2010
7:00 a.m.

This 5K will take you on a one-of-a-kind Halloween themed course through the Magic Kingdom® Park. Adults, teens and tweens can be immersed in the fantasy of Halloween and dress up as their favorite character or villain! This is the ultimate race around the neighborhood - race to the finish to receive your "trick or treat bag of refreshments". Don't miss your opportunity to run on the only 5K course through Magic Kingdom® Park.

Mickey's Halloween Family Fun Run 5K features:

  • Only 5K course through Magic Kingdom® Park
  • Halloween themed Disney entertainment on-course
  • Event Weekend Transportation from the Event Host Resorts only

Each participant's Mickey's Halloween Family Fun Run 5K registration includes:

  • Race Registration
  • Ticket* to Mickey's Halloween Party for the night of Sunday, October 3, 2010
  • Commemorative Champion® T-shirt
  • Goody Bag
  • Personalized Bib (must register by August 2, 2010 for name to appear on bib)
  • Trick-or-Treat bag of race refreshments
  • Commemorative 5K finisher medallion
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/endurance/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/index?page=mickeys-halloween-family-fun-run-5k

No comments: