Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lovely Lu

I learned today of the heartbreaking passing of an amazing lady. Lu was an inspiration and was always so positive. She battled breast cancer for years, and I truly can not remember a time that I saw her when she wasn't smiling. Lu faced cancer with such immense grace...and she leaves behind a very large void.

She was the Mom of 2 wonderful kids, and my heart just aches for them. I know how much she cherished them, and their hearts must be just broken in half right now. :( Shawn was so saddened to hear of Lu's death, as he is friends with her son. He kept saying how bad he feels for him, and I how unfair it is. He said, "Cancer stinks". I agree.

Four years ago, Lu joined a few other friends and we rebuilt the PTO at Morse Pond school. Even though she was often in pain, she was always present, always involved and always smiling.

Lu leaves an incredible legacy for her 2 children. She taught them perseverance. She taught them grace. She taught them to never give up and to embrace & cherish each day. Through her example, she taught countless other people these lessons as well.

Heaven has a new angel today. She is free from pain and suffering, and will live forever in the memories she left behind.

Rest in peace, sweet Lu. You will be dearly missed. :(

No comments: