Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Best Part...

We find out in 2 days who the 2010 Disney Moms Panel Finalists are. :)

On Friday (two days ago) on the DIS Boards, someone asked us Finalists: "Up to this point, what has been the best part of this experience for you?"

Here is what I posted:

"For me, having been this far once before, the best part for me has been the honor of it all. I know SO many people, who are as obsessed about "all things Mouse" as I am. I have always worn my heart on my sleeve and am an outgoing, passionate person. I truly love helping other people...and the dream of being able to do that on a grand-scale...it's indescribable.

Having made it to the finals twice ('09 & '10) and semi-finals once ('08), I have poured my heart into 15 questions/short essays. Just being able to share that with Disney, and know that they were touched in some way by ME and my Disney love...that is an incredible honor to me.

This year in particular, it's been taken even a notch higher for me. When I hung up from my interview last year, I just remember thinking "can I have a do-over please??" There was so much I had forgotten to say or wished I could have changed...and I was a nervous wreck and didn't get to really enjoy it. I told myself that *if* I was blessed enough to make it this far again, I was going to thoroughly enjoy it. I was going to just be Kaylene, and not a deer caught in the headlights.

In the end, no matter what happens, I feel very proud, very blessed and very honored. I've made some amazing friendships through this process...and it makes me so happy to know that I have all of you. I know that on Tuesday if I don't get the call I'm dreaming of, you will all support me and envelope me in your love and friendships. I also know if I do get that call, you'll be right beside me, cheering me on.

SO, long story short...the best part of it all has been intangible things that I can't quite put my finger on, but that have made it unforgettable for me .

-------
Today, I was honored to read a response to my post. It was written by someone who is a well known Disney Blogger. She is incredibly talented, and made it to the semi-finals this year. Here is what she wrote:

"These are the types of posts that assure me that Disney has picked an incredible group of people to take to the finals. The very positive attitude and grace exemplified here, Kaylene, is awesome. If you go all the way this year, I don't think anyone would doubt that you have earned that position. I'm really proud to know you. "
------

Wow, I'm speechless. What an incredibly sweet response. I can only hope that I am given this amazing blessing and the chance of a lifetime.

1 comment:

paparazzimom said...

magical. <3 I love this post!!! :)