Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Moms Panel Training Day 5: Farewell Breakfast at The Wave

Recapping: Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I could hardly believe that the day had come to go home. :( It had been such an incredibly magical few days...and I wasn't ready to say goodbye yet. :( It was bittersweet because this was the first time that I had ever been away from Steve and the kids for so long, and I was ready for some hugs from my family.

After finishing up most of my packing, I checked my suitcase with Magical Express before heading downstairs to our "Farewell Breakfast". We were meeting inside "The Wave" in the Contemporary.



We enjoyed a delicious breakfast filled with laughter as we recapped the weekend together.






Diane L and Kay said "goodbye" to us and headed out the door. We had such a wonderful weekend with them and we really benefited from their experience and advice. I can't wait to get to know them more as the year progresses.

At one point, Leanne got our attention and she told us that she had a special surprise for us!!!! What an incredible, special surprise it was...


We were blessed with a special visit from Meg Crofton, the President of Walt Disney World Resort!!


We all felt honored that she took time out of her very busy day to come and see us! She stopped by to say "Thank You" to the Moms Panel for helping to bring Disney magic to Guests by answering their vacation planning questions. She was so personable and sweet.

Here she is chatting with Dorothy and Joanne from Canada.


When it was my turn to say, "Hello", she asked me how I liked the Candlelight Processional and told me how it was one of Walt Disney's favorite events. I told her how very moved I was by it, and that I can't wait to share it with my family sometime.

Meg Crofton is absolutely the sweetest, most down-to-earth lady and I can't describe how honored I was to meet her.
Kathie and Meg Crofton.

Karen and Meg.
Dannee, Leanne and I

Portia meets Meg Crofton.

We spent a little more time enjoying our breakfast together.


Then, unfortunately, we had to start saying our goodbyes. Several people had flights that would be leaving very soon.

Two sweethearts, Allison and Maria :)

...more to come...

No comments: