Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Moms Panel Training Day 2: Napa Room Moms Panel Dinner

Recapping Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tonight's dinner was held in the Napa Room at the Contemporary Resort. It's a private dining room, and is part of the fabulous California Grill. Alumni Moms from the '08 & '09 Panels joined us. It was an absolutely amazing evening...the food and view were fantastic. The best part, however, was the socializing with Moms and Dads who all share a common, deep love for Disney World. I sat at a table in-between Bernie and Portia, 2 wonderful fellow panelists I hadn't gotten to spend much time with until then.

Beautiful, funny Portia and I.


Chris, Allison, Amy and Suzannah.


Suzannah, Chris, Amy and I


Disney Dad Marc L. took this photo of me outside :) Thanks again, Marc :)


Lots of socializing...




Disney Dads (from left to right): Marc, Jonas, Bernie, Disney's Gary, Chris, Terry and Joel:

Kathie and Jonas...I love this photo.



We started the evening with cosmopolitan cocktails. Have to admit, it was my first time trying one, and it was very good :)


Sweet Allison and I



Alumni Mom Kay gave us all envelopes, which is a tradition in her family. Thanks again, Kay. :)

Inside mine was a Disney $1. I will cherish it forever :)




Appetizer: Sonoma goat cheese ravioli



Also at my table were Dannee, Allison, Chris, Amy & Marc





A few shots of the whole room...


Dessert: Mascarpone Cheese, Dulce de Leche and Creme Brulee ...all done Bananas Foster style.


A toast to a "Dream Come True" and the past, present and future of the Disney World Moms Panel.

Cinderella's castle as seen from the California Grill. We went outside to watch Wishes, and it was indescribable.


I stood with Marc and Jonas as we listened to the Wishes soundtrack. When Jiminy Cricket said, "A wish is a powerful thing, especially when it comes from the heart", I immediately became all choked up. I've watched Wishes many times, and while I've always enjoyed it...I've never been moved quite like I was on this magical night...

As he said, "You see, its just like I told ya.
Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
They're shining deep down inside of you.
'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives"...I noticed the tears streaming down my cheeks.

It is impossible to put into words how I felt at that moment. This Moms Panel dream has been a so important to me for several years. To be standing here, equating each firework with a wish I'd wished on a star...and knowing those dreams had finally come true...well, it was a moment I will remember for all of my life.

After dinner, most of us met in Suzannah's room. We had each brought some treasures from our hometowns to present to Leanna, Laura and Tina. They were tokens of our appreciation for making our dreams come true.

Kathie had made this gorgeous stained glass with the Moms Panel logo on it.

In addition to the items we chose for the 3 ladies, we also brought things for a big basket which would be a "thank you" to the staff who helped with this incredible weekend. Here's Portia and Dannee putting the finishing touches on it.

We headed back to our rooms and it was very late. I grabbed about 4 hours of sleep...knowing we had to be up bright and early to catch a bus at 6:10am! What a memorable day this had been!

No comments: