Monday, September 22, 2008

"Mom, you should be QB"

If you know me, you know I'm a die-hard Patriots fan. I don't miss a game if I can help it...and win or lose, I'm one of their biggest fans.

Throwing the football around with the boys is something I've always enjoyed doing. They love it when I do too...and I'm sure they wish I had more time for this pass-time. Jared always lets it be known that his Mom has "quite an arm". So, yesterday when the phone rang about me joining a Cape Cod Women's Flag Football League...I half laughed, half thought, "hey, I can do that". It's basically a bunch of lady friends of mine who will play flag football every other Sunday. Hopefully it won't conflict with church OR Patriots games ;) I was telling Jared about it and he said, "Mom, you should be QB...and I'm serious...you have an amazing arm and accuracy." Now, I consider that quite the compliment from my sports fanatic son. He knows all the stats, all the moves, the game plans...and he's impressed with ME?!?! How cool is that? Mom the quarterback, I like that. I feel like a QB everyday, actually. Afterall, isn't that what we Moms, do?! We maintain control on the playing field, we make the plays, we make sure all the players are in the right spots, doing what they are supposed to be doing, we help the teamates make "big plays", we celebrate, we get sacked, we experience defeat...and when one of the teamates are down, we stand behind them, pat them on the back and say, "hey, we can do this". Yeah, I think I'm up for the job. Stay tuned to see if I actually end up playing...I may just give it a whirl.

No comments: