Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Single Digits

TEN years ago tonight, June 30th, I was anticipating my c-section the next morning. It was discovered that my baby was footling breech and could not be turned. I remember joking that he was a typical male, he forgot to ask for directions. While he was my 3rd baby, he was the first c-section for me. I was a bit nervous and I believe Jared could sense that. At 4 years old, he was excited about the prospect of a baby brother but he was still very much Mommy's little boy himself. He climbed up on my lap and snuggled against my big belly. Then he fell asleep in my arms:


A few days later, we were home with our new precious son, Shawn Michael. Jared adored his little brother from the very beginning:


They've always been the best of buddies, and I'm a very blessed Mom to have TWO amazing sons.

It's hard to believe that Shawn Michael turns DOUBLE DIGITS tomorrow!! He has blessed my life for a decade!!

I felt the need to capture this photo of my boy on his last night of being NINE :

I can't wait to see how he grows and changes in the upcoming year. :)

No comments: