Monday, February 1, 2010

Never Too Late

Nineteen years ago, I was a student in a Pre-Med program. I had plans of becoming a Pediatrician, and was enjoying college. Life took a turn in a different direction, and I ended up having Sierra. At that point, I put my dreams on hold. Instead, I attended the Hotel Management program at UNLV. I thoroughly enjoyed working as a Hotel Manager, but the hours were not conducive to family life. I realized that my daughter, and my four other children that came after her, needed me home.

Kasi is heading to Kindergarten this upcoming Fall. It's high time I dust my dream off, and turn it into a beautiful reality. This morning, I ordered the Study Guide to help me prepare for the Entrance Exam for the Practical Nursing Program in Bourne. Then, this afternoon, I took the 2nd step in pursuing a my dream of working in the Medical field. I signed up for the test on March 6th. I hope I haven't forgotten everything I learned in High School 20 years ago!! Wow, that makes me feel really old!

With my Disney dream becoming a reality, I figure the stars must be aligned in my favor. ;) I plan to start with my LPN, and continue on to my RN. I'd love to work in the maternity ward, helping bring sweet new babies into the world. It's something I have known since I was a teenager...I was made to work in medicine and to help people. I know that as a nurse, I can use my compassion and understanding and really make a difference in peoples lives. In my spare time, I will continue helping people plan their Disney vacations...it is something that I know I will enjoy forever. :)

Remember, the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams...it's never too late to follow them...

3 comments:

Traci said...

This is wonderful! Congrats! Sending you good luck and pixie dust! :)

paparazzimom said...

Congrats!!! I know you will do it and do it well! :)

Andi said...

This is wonderful! I'm so very proud of you! What a fabulous wife, mother and friend you are, and such an inspiration to us all. Way to go, girl! I'm behind you 100%!!!