Friday, May 29, 2009

Gone...

...and suddenly, I woke up...and the dream came to an end."

That's the ending I would use if I were writing a story of a dream realized...then taken away.

My Mom is moving back to Maine today. Yes, in October, I sat here and wrote of how she was moving to the Cape, for good, forever. Alas, that was not to be. Deep in my heart I think I always knew it wouldn't last. Unfortunately, I allowed myself to believe it...so now, it hurts even more that she is gone. I "get" why she moved...when I am looking at it through her eyes. It's hard to beat a $49,000 house, when a comparable one would be $200,000 more than that here on beautiful Cape Cod. I also know she believes she is doing what is meant to be, and that she will be able to turn around and sell it in a few years and move back (with more $ to put down on a piece of paradise). I "get" it...but I don't have to like it.

I so enjoyed my time with her here. Quick trips to Stop & Shop, walks around the block, the Holidays together, inside jokes...knowing she was 5 minutes away and could be here in the blink of an eye. THAT is what I will miss the most. Hugging her last night I burst into tears, and that continued for a good hour or two. Kasi cried too, as did Shawn. Jared just kept saying he can't wait until she moves back..."when do you think she'll be back, Mom?" I told him I hope she proves me wrong, and it will be soon.

The past 7 months were wonderful, and all too good to be true. :(

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Awww....I'm so sorry, I do relate. (())
There's an award for you on my blog xo