Monday, December 1, 2008

December already?!?!...


Christmas is always my favorite time of the year. It is packed full of memory making opportunities. Somehow though, December really snuck up on me this year. Perhaps it's the tight financial situation most of us are in, or the fact that Thanksgiving was so late this year...whatever it is, I'm just not ready for it yet. I've done next to nothing for shopping and don't even know what I'm buying the kids this year. We decided to essentially nix the toys and senseless gifts and try to find items that can either be used by the family (DVDs, etc) or to DO something instead.


The annual Christmas parade is this coming weekend and Jared will be marching it in with his saxophone. That parade always seems to kick off the season nicely, and we will get our tree this weekend as well.

I needed a family photo for Disney...they are featuring me in their next newsletter. They wanted one of all 7 of us, and those are few and far between (I'm usually behind the camera). Since we were in need of that photo...and in preparation for the Holiday, we tried to get a decent family photo today. I thought we might try having all 7 of us on the card this year (as opposed to just the kids). I am NOT fond of how I look at ALL...so will likely be attempting a different shot of the kids for the card. Maybe Santa will bring me a new figure this year.
I don't know what I'm doing for Christmas gifts or how I'm going to pull all of this off in 3 weeks or so. I love a challenge though, so I'm sure I'll figure something out. I do know one thing...when I look at this photo...I am reminded that I truly am five times blessed. Just look at those adorable faces...and that's one handsome guy in the middle too! What did I ever do to deserve this wonderful family?!

No comments: